High pressure water blasting, a forceful approach for cleaning heavily contaminated surfaces, serves not only as an effective cleaning method but also as a formidable tool for demolition. Often referred to as hydro demolition, this technique proves invaluable for concrete removal, efficiently eliminating deteriorated concrete, asphalt, and grout. Beyond its cleansing and demolition capabilities, the process offers an added advantage by providing a well-prepared bonding surface, making it a popular choice for surface restoration and protection projects.
What are the benefits of high pressure water blasting for demolition?
- High pressure water blasting, when employed in the demolition process, results in fewer microfractures in the concrete compared to conventional techniques, preserving much of the concrete’s structural integrity.
- Hydro demolition ensures the integrity of the rebar remains intact, as it avoids micro-cracking and damage. In fact, the hydro demolition process cleans the steel rebar, facilitating subsequent repairs.
- The high pressure water blasting method for demolition stands out for its exceptional safety compared to alternative approaches.
- Notably, this process is environmentally friendly, generating minimal dust and limited noise pollution. Additionally, the water used can be collected for treatment or recycled for future projects.
Types of high pressure water blasting for demolition
- Hydro Scarification: Using high pressure water blasting, this technique selectively removes the top surface of concrete bridges or road surfaces. The primary goal is to create a flawless microfracture-free bonding surface for new, robust concrete, rendering complete replacement unnecessary.
- Partial Depth Removal: Tailored for concrete restoration projects where preserving rebar or other objects is essential, this method involves the targeted removal of deteriorated concrete to a specific depth or a concrete overlay exceeding 3/4″.
- Full Depth Removal: In cases of extensive deterioration, complete removal of a concrete deck becomes necessary while ensuring the reinforcement remains intact. High pressure water blasting effectively eradicates the concrete without causing any damage to the underlying beams, setting it apart from potentially detrimental alternatives.
What equipment is used for hydro demolition?
Our Hammelmann 700 horsepower high pressure water blaster is specifically designed for hydro demolition. This cutting-edge method uses high-pressure water jets to safely and efficiently remove or demolish concrete while safeguarding the integrity of steel substructures and vital components in buildings or machinery. The controlled precision of this process ensures accurate cutting and precise concrete removal.
Embracing the Hammelmann high pressure water blaster has been a game-changer for Austrans, empowering us to take on larger-scale projects and handle site shutdowns with ease. Moreover, it has enabled us to meet the ever-growing demands of our esteemed clients, offering them efficient and highly effective solutions. With our state-of-the-art equipment, we are at the forefront of innovation in the demolition industry.
Why choose Austrans?
Meet The Experts On High Pressure Water Blasting Brisbane
Established in 1999, the Austrans Group is proudly Australian-owned and operated, and is now recognised as an industry leader in waste management, industrial services, project management, and high-pressure water blasting all over South East Queensland.
From public infrastructure to assisting in massive environmental rehabilitation and providing complete disaster recovery support, Austrans have done it all, and have the expertise to get the job done. While the quality of our end-to-end services has cemented our hard-earned reputation, we take great pride in our high pressure water blasting projects in Brisbane.
Choose Austrans for sustainable industrial waste services, powered by our advanced Hammelmann water blaster and a commitment to environmental preservation.
Our ability to meet or exceed expectations has created a reputation of reliability and integrity and has elevated Austrans to its current position as a major service provider with clients all over Australia. To discuss how we can work together, get in touch with us today.